I am very pleased to announce the introduction of R.I.P.P.E.D. classes to xctie dance studio! Mark your Calendars, we are starting our first ripped class saturday february 18th at 8:15 A.M. before the 9:30 Zumba class. The RIPPED class is free, but YOU MUST RESERVE YOUR SPOT! unless you have your own fitness resistance tubing.
Ripped complements zumba perfectly. Zumba is an aerobic exercise, to ad another format that would be the most benefitial we need to add a different kind, ideally an anaerobic or "interval training" which ripped happens to be. After rise of popularity of zumba, if there ever was to be a fitness format that could compete at all, it would be ripped. Ripped is a fairly new fitness format, i was in the first group that certified in utah last year in june. It continues to grow and in the few gyms it is in, it competes with the numbers zumba gets. Ripped is a very physically challenging class, but the brilliant crew who created it figured out a way to make it fun and to get clients addicted and coming back for more.
What is ripped?
Ripped is interval training using many different techniques to get an amazing workout / shock the body. Ripped is also named the "One Stop Body Shock". Ripped is made up of 6 components.
1 R esistance - resistance training, using weights or in this case resistance tubing to train muscles. In Ripped, we use this section to train arm muscles such as the biceps, triceps, and shoulders.
2. I ntervals - in this application, high intensity bursts of cardio followed by small breaks. This section makes for fat shredding combinations.
3. P ower - this section focuses primarily on the "Power muscles" or major muscles of your body such as the pectorials, back muscles, butt, hamstrings, and quads. This is another section where we are using fitness tubing. These are the most important muscles to use weighted exercises on and are the most beneficial as our metabolisms are greatly boosted making our bodies leaner as these are worked.
4. P lyometrics - Plyometric training refers to using our fast twitch muscles. In this case we use alot of jumping exercises. The average individual does not use these muscles very much. So working these muscles gives your body all kinds of shock, or something that your body didnt expect because it never does it.
5. E ndurance - Remember when group fitness classes (usually aerobics, kickboxing, step) focused on a constant beat for the whole class? In the endurance section we use the same kind of training. constant movement, not super intense, but this section is about moving the whole time into the next set of moves.
6. D iet - Do your homework! Eat right to get the xfactor on your fitness goals! Ripped has a great resource for you to check out. Go to rippedusa.com and click on the "D" for diet, or just click on this link: http://www.rippedusa.com/diet.html . They use to have a program that only Ripped huddle instructors where part of, but now the ripped diet aspect is free to everyone. This page has sample meal plans, tips of week, recipes of the week, and many other things that will help you with your diet and nutrition needs.
***BONUS SECTION - Ripped is a 50 minute class, but adds a bonus section because gyms are built around 1 hour programs. In the bonus section we focus on the core. In the ripped workout without the bonus, we are working our core the whole time, so it is not necessary to work the core separately. However, it never hurts. Since my ripped classes are 1 hour long, i will be including the bonus section.
Here is a ripped promo video, click to watch it!
GET READY TO GET RIPPED! Reserve your Spot now!
I love my job!